Now taking registration
for 2017 sessions. Limited space available.
***** Call 647.340.2293 or contact us here to reserve your spot *****
Capoeira encourages discipline, helps to teach and instil the value of loyalty, responsibility and self-confidence. In this way it helps in the positive formation of those who participate and become involved in the practice of Capoeira. See a list of benefits for children here.
The importance of Capoeira for children is not only in the historical and cultural aspect, but also in the physical qualities it helps develop; balance, motor coordination, speed, strength. It also helps to develop the potential of each child to learn in life, in school and have a positive influence in their life in general.
Axé Capoeira has been working with children since 1991 when the group was invited to perform at the International Children's Festival in Vancouver. Since then, our Grupo has performed and taught at over 2000 Elementary and Secondary schools throughout Canada.
Axé Capoeira Toronto - 1069 St. Clair Ave W. 2nd Floor, Toronto
The involvement with Capoeira awakens the musical, physical, artistic and creative sides of the children who practice in this art form. Capoeira is one of he best ways for children to develop mind, body and strength. In addition to the benefits above, Capoeira helps to build a strong and positive character and personality through self-expression in a fun and playful environment.
Contra-Mestre "Paraiba" has been working with children for over 13 years teaching them Capoeira, Music, Brazilian Portuguese and traditional Brazilian Dances.
Physical & Health Education
- Valuable self-defense skills
- Cardio-vascular fitness
- Complete body training
- Improves motor coordination
- Increases flexibility through stretching and breathing exercises
- Improves stamina
- Weight management
- Learn healthy eating habits
- Introduction to the Portuguese language
- Exposure to new cultural ideas, foods and traditions
- Brazilian history
- Exposure to traditional dances, songs and music
Social and Emotional Health
- Increases self-esteem
- Builds character
- Improves anger management skills
- Builds self-confidence
- Teaches patience, self-discipline and respect
- Builds a sense of community
- Increases attention
- Learn goal-setting skills
- Learn to play musical instruments
- Learning traditional musical rhythms
- Dance skills